Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hummus

So, my kid loves hummus.

I try to get her to eat sweets sometimes. I know, most parents are trying to get their kids to eat healthier, and here I am trying to get my baby girl to just eat a cupcake. But she is really underweight, and I just don't understand how she doesn't like sweets.

Exhibit 1:

We were at a birthday party for one of her very best friends, and they had out all of these cupcakes and decorations for the kids to decorate their own cupcakes. So cute. Most of the kids were screaming and eating all of the candy before it even touched their cupcakes. But not Ruthie. She looked seriously at the cupcake for awhile, put a few things on it methodically, and then whined for her dad to finish doing it for her.

Photobucket

Then we tried to get her to take a bite. Pure torture I guess.

Photobucket

Look at that face. I have been getting that a lot lately. It's like saying "seriously mom, you have GOT to be kidding me." I guess it's my first sign of what I will be seeing so frequently in the teenage years.

She refused more than a tiny lick of frosting. I made up for it by letting her play in the jumpy-house (what are those things really called?!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ruthie had so much fun and was really happy until she learned that Quinn's presents were really for Quinn to open. I think she has some kind of complex about presents that developed on Christmas. Quinn is so sweet and didn't mind the fact that everyone else wanted to open his presents for him.

Photobucket

In fact, Ruthie stole a few and opened them with her accomplice Enzo.

Photobucket

But in the end Quinn forgave Ruthie and they hugged, because after all, they really love each other.

Photobucket

And then we went home and Ruthie got to have her favorite thing in the world, hummus. And there is nothing better than being 1 1/2 and sitting at home feeding your pig hummus and crackers.

Photobucket

Wouldn't it be nice if your biggest worry was whether or not you were getting hummus or cheese for lunch?



1 comment:

  1. I've never tried hummas... it just looks so gross to me LOL.

    Dude... Ella is obsessed w/sweets... it's an issue.

    And Ruthie is flipping adorable!

    ReplyDelete